Do you want to look sexy even when you’re bald? Do you want to impress the ladies with your upkeep? Well then read this article to learn how to pull off a bald look, using the best Moisturizer for Bald Head on the market.
Most people dread going completely bald. They struggle desperately to retain their fraying hairline at any costs. However, baldness isn’t the same thing as unattractiveness. In fact, there are a number of extremely attractive actors out there who happen to be bald — think Vin Diesel and Jason Statham, amongst so many more.
However, in order to pull off a bald look, you do need to care for your scalp and keep it well moisturized. Furthermore, a bald head doesn’t look good if it bears scars, a rash, or other kinds of inconsistencies. As such, you need a moisturized for bald head to keep your scalp looking fresh and smooth. A good clean head can even make you feel more confident.
There are a lot of products out there though. Some of them are meant for oily scalps and some for dry scalps. Some work wonders and some are completely inefficient, or worse, they increase your chance of acne!
For the purpose of this article, we contacted a number of dermatologists regarding the best moisturizer for a bald head. In this article, we will give you an overview of the 5 best moisturizers for a bald head on the market.
Best Moisturizer for Bald Head 2020
|Moisturizer for Bald Head||Editors Rating||Check Price|
|Proactiv Green Tea Moisturizer||5 Stars|
|High Time Dare To Be Bald||4.5 Stars|
|HeadBlade HeadLube||4.5 Stars|
|Earth's Daughter Aloe Vera Gel||4 Stars|
|Head & Shoulders Dry Scalp Care||3.5 Stars|
Proactiv Green Tea Moisturizer is the best moisturizer for a bald head that either has clogged pores or has gotten blotchy. This moisturizer uses green tea formula to help open up those pores and hydrate the skin.
This green tea moisturizer for the bald head has a number of ingredients that can help hydrate both dry and itchy scalp. It can even get rid of acne, and its non-comedogenic properties allow the cream to flow into the skin directly without clogging the pores. It’s completely non-greasy so it won’t leave any oily trace behind either.
Proactiv Green Tea Moisturizer is the ideal moisturizer for bald head for individuals dealing with acne-ridden skin or clogged pores.
High Time Dare To Be Bald is an extremely cost-effective moisturizer for a bald head. You get three 4.75 ounce tubes at a very reasonable price.
This moisturizer for a bald head is meant for people who want to shine or moisturize their scalp. It’s also particularly effective in preventing outbreaks of acne and bringing down any noticeable bumps on the head so that the scalp looks even and smooth. If you have any rashes or scars, it also helps heal them gradually without causing any irritation or inflammation.
This moisturizer can also be used immediately after shaving as an aftershave lotion as it can keep razor bumps at bay. However, using it immediately before going out is probably not a very good idea because it exudes a sharp scent of menthol.
Its prime ingredient is Tea Tree Oil, which carries anti-fungal and anti-viral properties to fight off bacteria.
High Time Dare To Be Bald is a Tea Tree Oil based moisturizer for bald head that can also double as an aftershave lotion. The only drawback is the sharp menthol scent it exudes.
HeadBlade HeadLube has been specifically designed as a moisturizer for bald men who shave their heads often. It prevents razor burns, soothes inflammation, minimizes bumps, and adds a natural luster to the scalp.
This moisturizer’s primary ingredients are safflower oil and water, along with some tea tree oil and shea butter. The safflower oil and water provide the hydration necessary and nourish the head, leaving it radiant. The tea tree oil is used for its antimicrobial properties to fight off bacteria and soothe inflammations and rashes. Shea butter is primarily used for its moisturizing abilities as it can render the skin soft and smooth. It is also completely odorless and dye-free. As such, you can use it directly before going out so that your scalp is gleaming naturally without exuding a scent.
- Available in a pack of 3 5-ounce bottles.
- Contains safflower oil, water, tea tree oil, and shea butter.
- Has antimicrobial properties.
- Perfume and dye-free.
HeadBlade HeadLube is an almost perfect moisturizer for bald head because it’s odorless and colorless, and it can hydrate the skin and soothe irritations. However, the fact that it leaves the scalp looking greasy might be a dealbreaker for some.
Earth’s Daughter Aloe Vera Gel is a 100% natural and organic moisturizer for a bald head.
It’s made of Aloe Vera and has no color, fragrance, or alcohol content. It has the property to soothe and heal skin that’s dry, flaky, patchy, or itchy. The aloe vera also acts as a great natural sunblock, thus protecting you from sunburn.
It can also be used immediately after shaving because it can soothe razor burns and inflammation. As a non-comedogenic product, it’s absorbed into the skin immediately without any remnant greasiness, and without clogging the pores.
Earth’s Daughter Aloe Vera Gel is an extremely effective moisturizer for bald head, however, it shouldn’t be used by people with naturally oily scalps.
Head & Shoulders Dry Scalp Care boasts that it can improve scalp health within 2 weeks, and the users concur on that. It’s made with the Head & Shoulders Fresh Scent Technology to leave it smelling fragrant and welcoming.
One of its prime ingredients is Almond Oil, which can help heal dry and itchy skin, while also nourishing the scalp with essential vitamins and nutrients. It’s extremely gentle and pH balanced so it can be used by anyone, regardless of skin type.
Head & Shoulders Dry Scalp Care is a decent moisturizer for a bald head. It’s reasonably priced and you get a large quantity of it. However, it’s not as powerful or versatile as the other moisturizers on this list.
Moisturizer for Bald Head – Buyers Guide
For your ease, here we have provided the Buyers Guide, which will help you choose the appropriate one.
Tips for using the Moisturizer for Bald Head
Most of the people think that bald men don’t need to follow the hair care tips. But it is a myth, bald men must also follow the tips for taking care of their scalp and also to keep it clean and clear. In order to maintain a good scalp, follow these tips which we have mentioned below:
- Especially during the dry winter months, or during the sun exposure, your scalp will become dry and rough. At that time, you need to get hydrated by drinking plenty of water and using a sensitive-skin moisturizer on your head.
- Daily shaving and exposure to the sun directly, can also leave your scalp dry and flaky. In order to avoid it, you must use a good moisturizer.
- Remember that, you need to use a good moisturizer regularly. It is recommended to use it on your scalp every morning.
- Moisturizing is one such thing which men usually forget after shaving. But, moisturizing is an important step which should not be ignored.
- Regular moisturizing keeps your skin healthy and it makes the skin look young throughout the day.
- You must choose the moisturizer which suits your scalp best and you need to maintain your moisturizing routine on a daily and weekly basis in order to see the best results quickly.
- It is important to use the right amount of quantity. That is, don’t apply the moisturizer more than the required amount.
- Use the fingertips while applying the shampoo or moisturizer to your scalp.
- Use the hat when there is a lot of sun exposure. And, also apply the sunscreen immediately after moisturizing your scalp.
How to Moisturize a Bald Head?
Most of the people have this question in their mind. Here is the right way to do it. Check it out:
- First of all, wet your head with warm water and then squirt a dime-sized amount of mild moisturizing shampoo on your head.
- Massage the shampoo on your head. Remember to use the tips of your fingers for better results. Massage gently all over the head i.e. on the front, sides, top, and back of your head.
- After that, rinse the shampoo off.
- Exfoliate your head with a gentle exfoliating scrub.
- Now, rub the exfoliating scrub onto your head the same way you use shampoo. Massage and rinse the scrub off in the same way as mentioned above.
- Dry off your head with a clean dry towel.
- Squirt a pea-sized amount of a nonalcohol-based moisturizer on your head. Allow it to spread all over your scalp from front to back with your hands.
- Let the moisturizer dry for 10 minutes.
- And finally, apply a gentle, nonirritating sunscreen to your head the same way as the moisturizer. Sunscreen helps in preventing the sunburn on your head. Sunburn may lead to peeling and drying. So, make sure you use a sunscreen whenever there is a lot of sun exposure on your head.
Factors to Consider While Buying a Moisturizer for Bald Head
There are a lot of crucial benefits of using a moisturizer for a bald head. Those who have just started rocking the bald look usually don’t know this until it’s too late — a bald head needs a lot of care and attention. If you don’t give it that case, it will start cracking up and make you look unattractive, and you don’t want that. So these are a few of the most important factors that you need to consider while buying or purchasing a Moisturizer for Bald Head.
Hair follicles have the property to produce natural oils which keeps your scalp well moisturized and hydrated. Without hair, your scalp runs the risk of losing its moisture, drying off, and causing a number of skin issues. As such, it’s important to use a moisturized for bald head to keep it nourished.
If you live in one of the tropical countries, you’ll need a lot of protection from the harsh UV rays of the sun. They can cause serious skin burn and cause your skin to start flaking off. Trust me, no one likes a patchy scalp. If you’re in a hot country, you should get a moisturizer with sunscreen properties to protect your head.
The bald head can be pretty sexy if you know how to rock it. In fact, a lot of studies suggest that women find men with a bald head rugged and charming. To take advantage of that, you should make sure to nurture your bald head. Use a smooth razor that doesn’t cut your skin, a nice aftershave lotion, and a moisturizer for a bald head that can add that bit of sparkle.
It’s a very common — and dangerous — idea that bald heads don’t need care. People think that without hair, all your maintenance troubles disappear. However, if anything, they become more pronounced because an empty scalp doesn’t have the ability to moisturize itself. Having a bald head can render you really attractive, but only if you’re smart and use the best moisturizer for a bald head.
I hope we’ve been able to help you choose the best moisturizer for bald head according to your specific needs. If you have any other questions about using moisturizers for a bald head, feel free to mention them down in the comments section.