Best Moisturizer for Bald Head 2020 | Top 5 Bald Head Moisturizers ReviewedLast Updated: October 6, 2020
Do you want to look sexy even when you’re bald? Do you want to impress your peers or someone special with your upkeep? Well then dip into this article to learn how to effectively pull off a bald look, using the best Moisturizer for Bald Head available on the market.
Most people dread going completely bald. They struggle desperately to retain their fraying hairline and go to extreme lengths to salvage it. However, baldness isn’t the same thing as unattractiveness. In fact, there are a number of extremely attractive actors out there who happen to be bald — think Vin Diesel and Jason Statham, amongst so many more.
However, in order to pull off a bald look, your scalp needs to be on the receiving end of intense care and should consistently be kept well moisturized. Furthermore, a bald head doesn’t look good if it bears scars, a rash, or other kinds of inconsistencies. As such, you need a moisturizer for your bald head to keep the scalp looking fresh and smooth. A good clean head can even make you feel more confident.
There are a lot of products out there though and thankfully we have skimmed through most of them to filter out the best in each type. Some of them are meant for oily scalps and some for dry scalps. Some work wonders and some are completely inefficient, or worse, they increase your chance of acne!
For the purpose of this article, we initiated contact with a number of dermatologists regarding the best moisturizer for a bald head. In this article, we will give you an overview of the 5 best moisturizers for a bald head on the market.
Top 5 Moisturizers for Bald Head
1. Proactiv Green Tea Moisturizer
Proactiv Green Tea Moisturizer is the best moisturizer for a bald head that either has clogged pores or has gotten blotchy. This moisturizer uses green tea formula to help open up those pores and hydrate the skin.
This green tea moisturizer for the bald head has a number of ingredients that can help hydrate both dry and itchy scalp. It can even get rid of acne, and its non-comedogenic properties allow the cream to flow into the skin directly without clogging the pores. It’s completely non-greasy so it won’t leave any oily trace behind either.
- Great for acne-ridden or dry skin.
Proactiv Green Tea Moisturizer is the ideal moisturizer for bald head for individuals dealing with acne-ridden skin or clogged pores.
2. High Time Dare To Be Bald
High Time Dare To Be Bald is an extremely cost-effective moisturizer for a bald head. You get three 4.75 ounce tubes at a very reasonable price.
This moisturizer for a bald head is meant for people who want to shine or moisturize their scalp. It’s also particularly effective in preventing outbreaks of acne and bringing down any noticeable bumps on the head so that the scalp looks even and smooth. If you have any rashes or scars, it also helps heal them gradually without causing any irritation or inflammation.
This moisturizer can also be used immediately after shaving as an aftershave lotion as it can keep razor bumps at bay. However, using it immediately before going out is probably not a very good idea because it exudes a sharp scent of menthol.
Its prime ingredient is Tea Tree Oil, which carries anti-fungal and anti-viral properties to fight off bacteria.
- Can also be used as aftershave lotion.
- Anti-viral and anti-fungal properties.
- Bad odor.
High Time Dare To Be Bald is a Tea Tree Oil based moisturizer for bald head that can also double as an aftershave lotion. The only drawback is the sharp menthol scent it exudes.
3. HeadBlade HeadLube
HeadBlade HeadLube has been specifically designed as a moisturizer for bald men who shave their heads often. It prevents razor burns, soothes inflammation, minimizes bumps, and adds a natural luster to the scalp.
This moisturizer’s primary ingredients are safflower oil and water, along with some tea tree oil and shea butter. The safflower oil and water provide the hydration necessary and nourish the head, leaving it radiant. The tea tree oil is used for its antimicrobial properties to fight off bacteria and soothe inflammations and rashes. Shea butter is primarily used for its moisturizing abilities as it can render the skin soft and smooth. It is also completely odorless and dye-free. As such, you can use it directly before going out so that your scalp is gleaming naturally without exuding a scent.
- Available in a pack of 3 5-ounce bottles.
- Contains safflower oil, water, tea tree oil, and shea butter.
- Has antimicrobial properties.
- Perfume and dye-free.
- Odorless and colorless.
- Can get rid of inflammations and rashes.
- Can be used even before going out to events.
- Great quantity.
- Has a greasy appearance.
HeadBlade HeadLube is an almost perfect moisturizer for bald head because it’s odorless and colorless, and it can hydrate the skin and soothe irritations. However, the fact that it leaves the scalp looking greasy might be a dealbreaker for some.
4. Earth’s Daughter Aloe Vera Gel
Earth’s Daughter Aloe Vera Gel is a 100% natural and organic moisturizer for a bald head.
It’s made of Aloe Vera and has no color, fragrance, or alcohol content. It has the property to soothe and heal skin that’s dry, flaky, patchy, or itchy. The aloe vera also acts as a great natural sunblock, thus protecting you from sunburn.
It can also be used immediately after shaving because it can soothe razor burns and inflammation. As a non-comedogenic product, it’s absorbed into the skin immediately without any remnant greasiness, and without clogging the pores.
- No color, fragrance, or alcohol.
- Also doubles as a moisturizer.Flexible and durable.
- If your skin is naturally oily, it might cause a further outbreak of acne.
Earth’s Daughter Aloe Vera Gel is an extremely effective moisturizer for bald head, however, it shouldn’t be used by people with naturally oily scalps.
5. Head & Shoulders Dry Scalp Care
Head & Shoulders Dry Scalp Care boasts that it can improve scalp health within 2 weeks, and the users concur on that. It’s made with the Head & Shoulders Fresh Scent Technology to leave it smelling fragrant and welcoming.
One of its prime ingredients is Almond Oil, which can help heal dry and itchy skin, while also nourishing the scalp with essential vitamins and nutrients. It’s extremely gentle and pH balanced so it can be used by anyone, regardless of skin type.
- Fresh Scent Technology.
- Gentle moisturizer.
- Can’t be used as aftershave or sunscreen.
- Some users prefer an odorless moisturizer.
Head & Shoulders Dry Scalp Care is a decent moisturizer for a bald head. It’s reasonably priced and you get a large quantity of it. However, it’s not as powerful or versatile as the other moisturizers on this list.
Buying Guide: Moisturizer for Bald Head
For your ease, here we have provided the Buyers Guide, which will help you choose the appropriate one.
Tips for using the Moisturizer for Bald Head
People are conditioned to believe that bald men don’t have to take care of their scalp or follow general hair-care tips. That, however, is a myth, bald men must also follow the tips for taking care of their scalp and also to keep it clean and clear. In order to maintain a good scalp, follow these tips which we have mentioned below:
- Deep into the dry winter months, or during an elongated exposure to the sun, your scalp will become dry and rough. In these scenarios, staying consistently hydrated and using sensitive-skin moisturizer is one sure-fire way to minimize the negative impact these scenarios tend to have.
- Daily shaving and exposure to the sun directly, can also leave your scalp dry and flaky. In order to avoid it, you must use a good moisturizer.
- Remember that, you need to use a good moisturizer regularly. Regular usage on the scalp is recommended and encouraged.
- Moisturizing is one such thing which men usually forget after shaving. But, moisturizing is an important step which should not be ignored.
- Regular moisturizing keeps one’s skin smooth and healthy and the rub off makes the skin look young throughout the day.
- Settling down on a moisturizer that suits your scalp best is important. You also need to maintain your moisturizing routine on a daily and weekly basis in order to see the best results quickly.
- It is important to apply the appropriate amount of quantity. That is, don’t apply the moisturizer more than the required amount.
- Use the fingertips while applying the shampoo or moisturizer to your scalp.
- Wearing a hat when there is an unhealthy amount of exposure to the sun. And, also apply the sunscreen immediately after moisturizing your scalp.
How to Moisturize a Bald Head?
Most of the people have this question in their mind. Here is the right way to do it. Check it out:
- First of all, wet your head with warm water and then squirt a dime-sized amount of mild moisturizing shampoo on your head.
- Slowly massage the shampoo over your head. Remember to use the tips of your fingers for better results. Massage gently all over the head i.e. on the front, sides, top, and back of your head.
- Once done for a considerable amount of time, rinse the shampoo off.
- Exfoliate your head with a gentle exfoliating scrub.
- Now, rub the exfoliating scrub onto your head in a similar manner to how you use a shampoo. Massage and rinse the scrub off in the same way as mentioned above.
- Dry off your head with a clean dry towel.
- Squirt a pea-sized amount of a nonalcohol-based moisturizer on your head. Allow it to spread all over your scalp from front to back with your hands.
- Let the moisturizer dry for 10 minutes.
- Once dried up, apply a gentle, non-irritating sunscreen to your head the same way as the moisturizer. Sunscreen prevents the possibility of a sunburn on your head. A bad case of sunburn may lead to peeling and drying. So, make sure you always use sunscreen whenever you’re going out and expect elongated periods of exposure to the sun.
Factors to Consider While Buying a Moisturizer for Bald Head
There are a lot of keyl benefits of using a moisturizer for a bald head. Those who have just been initiated into rocking the bald look usually don’t know this until it’s too late — a bald head requires a lot of care and attention. If you fail to do so in time, it will start cracking up and make you look unattractive, and safe to say you don’t want that. So these are a few of the most important factors that you need to consider while buying or purchasing a Moisturizer for Bald Head.
Hair follicles have the inherent property to produce natural oils which keeps one’s scalp well moisturized and hydrated. Without hair, the scalp runs the risk of losing its moisture and lustre, drying off, and causing a number of skin issues. As such, it’s important to use a moisturizer for bald head to keep it nourished.
If you’re a resident of one of the tropical countries, extra care will be required as you’ll need a lot of protection from the harsh UV rays of the sun. They can cause serious skin burns and cause your skin to start flaking off. Trust me, no one likes a patchy scalp. If you’re in a hot country, you should get a moisturizer with sunscreen properties to protect your head.
The bald head can be pretty sexy if you know how to rock it. In fact, a lot of studies suggest that women find men with a bald head rugged and charming. To take advantage of that, you should make sure to nurture your bald head. Use a smooth razor that doesn’t cut your skin and leave marks, a nice aftershave lotion, and a moisturizer for a bald head that can add that bit of sparkle.
It’s a very misinformed — and dangerous — idea that bald heads don’t need care. People seem to think that with the lack of hair, all the maintenance chores disappear. However, if anything, they become more pronounced and focused because an empty scalp doesn’t have the ability to moisturize itself. Having a bald head can render you really attractive, but only if you’re smart and use the best moisturizer for a bald head.
W3 hope we’ve eased your quest to find the best moisturizer for bald heads with the medium of this article and we hope you find one that caters to your specific needs. If you have any other queries about using moisturizers for a bald head, feel free to mention them down in the comments section.