Having a pool can be a huge benefit to you and your home. Whether you relax in the sun and cool off, or host pool parties, or just enjoy an energizing swim, you’ll want to know that your splashing around in water that is clean and healthy. The lining of your pool can become dirty with debris and stains but with a suction pool cleaner, you’ll no longer have to laboriously scrub these linings, instead, they give you more to time relax and enjoy your pool.
However, cleaning your pool can become a hassle and be extremely tedious, and takes up an awful lot of time. That’s why there are now cleaners to do the job for you. Forget scrubbing away yourself using your own elbow grease. These little machines can do all of that for you by acting as a vacuum while being fixed to your pool’s filtration system. It sucks up debris and dirt along the bottom of your swimming pool, leaving it clean and glistening.
Due to the increase in technology and programming, much better and more efficient cleaning methods are coming about. There are loads of suction pool cleaners on the market at the moment and finding the right one to suit your needs can prove difficult. That is why we have provided this helpful buying guide to guide you through the best suction pool cleaners on the market right now, so you don’t have to do all the work yourself.
The Best Suction Pool Cleaners 2019
|The Best Suction Pool Cleaners||Editors Rating||Check Price|
|Hayward Poolvergnuegan The Pool Cleaner||4.6 Stars|
|Baracuda Advanced Suction Side Automatic Cleaner||4.5 Stars|
|Zodiac MX8 Suction Side Cleaner||4.5 Stars|
|Pentair Kreepy Krauly Suction-Side Inground Universal Pool Cleaner||4.3 Stars|
|Zodiac Ranger Suction Side Automatic Above-Ground Pool Cleaner||4 Stars|
This pool cleaner works to keep a medium-sized pool sparkling clean. It is simple to install, all you have to do it plug it into the skimmer or the suction port. It has a self-adjusting turbine feature that makes sure it has the maximum power available from the water flow in your pool and allows the steady motion of the vacuum while maintaining low pressure and suction.
It includes turbines which have folding vanes that make the passage of debris, particles and leaves much easier. One impressive feature is the internally programmed-steering system which means that controlling this unit is extremely simple. This feature is great for making it easy to reverse, turn in different directions and cover both the deep and shallow ends of your pool.
This unit boosts its ability to never get stuck in the corner when cleaning or getting stuck by the main drain. This means you won’t have to be in contact with the water unless you want to be. It is also brilliant no matter what shape your pool is, or what surface you have even if it’s rough, it will still perform very well.
The tire treads are robust and ideal for maneuvering around obstacles and climbing up the walls. It will maintain optical suction even if the unit does come across an obstacle, due to the patented skirts which are adjustable. This means, if it finds an obstacle, its skirts will lift the cleaner up in order to avoid the obstacles in the way.
- Dimensions — 41 x 13 x 13
- Weight — 16.1 lbs
- Manufacturer — Poolvergneugen
- Model Number — PV896584000013
- Cleaner Type — Automatic Turbine Suction Clear
- Pool Coverage — Floor, Walls, Coves
- Traction System — 2 or 4 wheel drive
- Pool Size — Up to 16 x 32 inches
- Pool Surfaces — Vinyl, Fibreglass, Tile, Pebble, Gunite
- Hose Length — 33 inches
- Minimum Pump Size — 1/2 hp or 35 GPM.
This affordable unit is durable, reliable and simple to use. It is easy to install and easy to maintain compared to other high-end pressure side pool cleaners, or robotic ones. It was designed to allow the easy cleaning of your pools walls, sides, ladder and steps. It works its way around your pool vacuuming the particles and dirt in order to leave it sparkling and clean.
This unit can even be used alongside low power water pumps because it can adjust itself to suit you and your pool’s needs. It is ideal for big pools with many steps and walls. It’s straightforward and easy to operate. It can also double up as a pool skimmer in order to clean debris, leaves, and twigs on the water’s surface. If you have a skimmer or a suction line, all you have to do is connect this cleaner to them in order for it to start working.
It is also compatible with two-speed pumps meaning it will always be efficient in cleaning your pool. Another impressive feature is the integrated flow keeper valve which can help to regulate the water flow in order to keep an optimal cleaning process. Its wheel deflector allows it to navigate easily throughout your pool including the tight corners. With this in mind, along with the 36-fin disc, it means this unit will not become stuck on any drain covers.
It also includes anti-stick material which means it won’t get stuck on the pool’s surface, including the steps or ladders. It has no gears, wheels, or flapper, and therefore is not complicated to use as it only has one main moving part called the Life-long Diaphragm involving a quick release cassette, so it remains easy to repair and replace. It does not have any irritating or disturbing noise from the lack of flapper or hammer sounds.
- Dimensions — 41.5 x 8 x 18
- Weight — 18.2 lbs
- Model Number — W03000
- Manufacturer — Baracuda.
This clean can connect directly to your pools skimmer or vacuum line and works extremely well in all types of in-ground pools. It has outstanding performance with its high power and its efficiency of clearing the pool of the toughest debris and dirt. It had advanced technological components along with a sleek design which will fit into your pool’s needs.
It has a 39 feet hose which means it has a wide coverage compared to most of the competitors out there. One impressive feature of this product is the Flex-Power turbine which means it can work in a low flow pool without there being a problem with its power. It moves fast while it cleans, however it can control its flow by taking in thirty percent less energy than normal machines. It helps you to save money and energy while performing well and remaining durable.
It creates a wider cleaning path and can take up larger debris than most of its competition. This also means it cleans faster and more efficiently than the other cleaners as its vacuum has much more power and a larger debris container while still only needing a lower flow. This cleaner is also made from a construction which is heavy in weight which makes it robust and sturdy and can handle long and heavy duty jobs.
This unit includes an advanced feature called dual navigation which allows it to clean any type of pool very well and efficiently included the waterlines, floor, and walls. It means this unit has the maximum torque power and very good maneuverability for a much wider coverage than other similar units. Another advantage of this cleaner is that it comes with a twist locking hose which makes sure you have a secure attachment to the head of the cleaner meaning you have continued operation and it allows the cleaner to move fast and freely.
- Pool Type — In-ground
- Cleaner Type — In-ground suction cleaning robot
- Connection — Skimmer or 1.5-inch vacuum line
- Traction — MaX-Drive technology with X-Trax
- Hose Type — Advanced twist lock, long life
- Pool Surfaces — Concrete, vinyl, fiberglass, tile
- Warranty — 1 year
This Pentair Kreepy Krauly has been updated and redesigned for an improved performance and better cleaning experience. It does, however, still maintain its reliability and simplicity of use. It has amazing suction power which ensures that the whole pool is attended to and covered, leaving not even a dot of dirt once the job is done.
This unit has an automatic valve included which regulates the water flow and can set the perfect speed at which to travel around your pool. This means its cleaning is thorough and efficient. You can also adjust this depending on the size of your pool. Another interesting feature is the dive float directional system that is installed in the unit. This ensures a wider scope of cleaning and helps to guide the unit throughout the pool.
It is also efficient when it comes to stairs, ladders, or steps. The wings attached to the device mean that leaves, debris, and dirt are sucked up and channeled directly into the filtration system. It does a thorough job of cleaning and makes sure that no areas are left dirty. It can also climb up the walls very effectively.
This unit is very easy to install and does not require tools or other equipment. Just one operational part is needed for it to achieve its powerful suction and this also allows you to remove large and smaller debris from your pool without having to purchases as extra parts. This saves you money in the long run.
- Dimensions — 42 x 16.5 x 7.5
- Cleaning Area — Walls, Floors, Waterline
- Hose Length — 40 feet
- Manufacturer — Kreepy Krauly
- Pool Cleaner Type — Suction Side
- Pool Type — In-ground
- Seal Type — Pleated Seal
This unit is great for cleaning above ground swimming pools include those pool with dished out bottoms up to 72 feet. It has a quiet operation but still works efficiently. It only has one moving part which eliminates the unnecessary noise that might disturb you or your neighbors.
It is easy to set up due to its smart design. Already pre-assembled upon arrival, it will only take you a few moments to set it up before setting it to work without the need for extra tools. It has an extra-large Wheel Deflector which means it can navigate your pool without interruption as it avoids getting stuck on ladders, steps, and corners. The AG Disc mean it has a productive performance, allowing it to glide across your pool will little effort and clean your pool very effectively.
The operation of this pool cleaner is convenient and very low maintenance and does not need any other accessories or gadgets. It only has one moving part— the diaphragm — meaning you won’t need to spend time and money on replacement parts.
Other features include a Flowkeeper Valve and an Insta-Skim Compact. These are self-adjusting valves that make sure it performs to its maximum capacity by automatically regulating the flow of water. It is quick and efficient but is still thorough in its ability to clean your pool.
This is a brilliant replacement for older models of this cleaner and works better and is more durable and sustainable than the other models. It is more robust and steady and efficient and designed to leave your pool sparkling clean with minimal effort on your part.
- Dimensions — 16 x 9.5 x 40.5
- Weight — 15 lbs
- Manufacturer — Baracuda
- Model Number — W01698.
There is no need to manually scrub your pool using your own elbow grease anymore due to the invention and application of machine cleaners. This means you have more time on your hands with minimal effort. However, choosing the right suction pool cleaner can prove difficult as there are so many different models on the market at the moment. Here are some things you should consider before purchasing a new suction pool cleaner:
- The size of your pool — This is important as your suction cleaner needs to have the power to cover the entirety of your pool. With a suction cleaner that has the ability to clean the space of your pool, it means you will have a machine that is efficient and durable along with working to the best of its ability. There are some models which are designed for large, heavy-duty workloads, and others that are designed for smaller jobs.
- The surface of your pool — The material of your pools surface is an important factor as well, as some cleaners are designed for specific materials, while others are not. Whether your pool is granite, concrete, fiberglass, or vinyl, there will be a cleaner out there that are specifically made to clean these surfaces.
- The type of debris in your pool — The type of debris that falls into your pool is important to note as, while most cleaners generally clean most debris, some will have limitations or specific types of debris they can and cannot pick up. Twigs and large leaves can cause a problem for some models of cleaners, while others are engineered to deal with this kind of debris. Bacteria and algae are also sometimes an issue with some models.
- The pump and filtration system of your pool — These suction pool cleaners work in tandem with your pool’s filtration system, therefore you will have to check the filter is capable of carrying out the job alongside the pool cleaner. You don’t want to waste money and energy on a pool cleaner when your filter is not up to scratch in the first place.
You’re almost ready to go shopping, but before you do you might be asking yourself why buy a suction pool cleaner rather than a robotic, or pressure pool cleaner? There are many more benefits to using a suction pool cleaner and here are some of them:
- Easy to operate — These suction pool cleaners are hassle-free to install and very simple to use. These cleaners have less moving parts than the other types of cleaners and so maintenance is much less of a worry. These cleaners do not need extra accessories or equipment for their optimal cleaning habits. It takes a couple of minutes to install these suction cleaners, with much less effort on your part compared to some other types of cleaners.
- Less effort on your part — All you have to do with these cleaners is turn it on and let it do its job which is sucking up all the debris, dirt, leaves and sand that might be in your pool. Some can even climb the walls to keep your pool sparkling clean. The debris sucks up with automatically travel through the hose into the filter system and there you have it. No effort on your part what-so-ever, meaning you have extra time to enjoy while the suction cleaner does the dirty work.
- Low maintenance — These cleaners require no extra attachments and therefore there are fewer parts to replace and less often will you need to if something goes wrong. This means fewer repairs, less money, and less cleaning of the machine.
- Efficient operation — You can trust that your suction cleaner will do a wonderful job on your pool. Moving and cleaning efficiently and effectively which saves you time and effort, meaning you can enjoy other things. Your pool cleaner will do a great job of cleaning the debris and any type of surface no matter what size the pool is.
- Save money — Out of the three machine cleaners, the suction cleaners are considered the most cost-effective. This is due to the simple operation, which saves on energy bills, and the low maintenance.
In conclusion, we have looked at five different models of the suction pool cleaner in order for you to decide which is best suited for you and your pool. We recommend the Hayward Poolvergnuegan. The Pool Cleaner Automatic Suction Pool Vacuum for its efficiency, ease of use, and powerful cleaning system.
However, you will be impressed with any one of these amazing pool cleaners as they have proven to do a good job. Some have special features which might come in handy like the Baracuda Advanced Suction Side Automatic Cleaner’s built-in scrub disc, so it can scrub the surface of your pool for an extra sparkling shine.
Before buying a suction pool cleaner there are several things to consider in regards to your pool like the size, shape, and material. Once you know these features, you can find the perfect suction pool cleaner to suit your needs, so you can impress your friends, family, and guests with the cleanliness of your pool.
The benefits of having a suction pool cleaner seem to outweigh the other types of pool cleaners like robotic, and pressure. Suction pool cleaners are efficient, effective, and energy saving when compared to these other types of cleaners. They are also much easier to install and maintain, with little effort on your part.
Purchasing and owning a suction pool cleaner means having more time to enjoy yourself, whether in your pool or not. The pool cleaner does the laborious work for you, so you can be satisfied with your pool and enjoy it all the more, knowing you haven’t had to do the hard work.