A magnetic screen door is extremely efficient and it allows you to get through without having to use your hands. In this list, we’ll give you a detailed overview of the Top 5 best magnetic screen doors in the market.
A magnetic screen door is a mesh-door that opens and closes automatically without having to use your hands. It works on the basis of magnets so you can walk through and it and be assured that it will close on its own behind you.
Traditional screen doors, in comparison, are great for allowing fresh air into your home and letting sunlight seep in. However, they are a nuisance in terms of opening and closing.
Magnetic Doors are extremely beneficial in households that have pets and kids. Instead of having to open the door for them every time they want to step out, you can use a magnetic screen door so they can get out on their own. It’s also really useful if your hands are full and thus you can’t turn a doorknob or handle.
If you’re concerned about the installation of magnetic doors, you have nothing to worry about. They are installed with Velcro and thus they can easily be installed or taken down when necessary. However, you should be sure to measure them for your doorway so you don’t either fall short or have too much fabric in place.
There are a lot of different types of magnetic screen doors on the market and finding the right one can be difficult. As such, we’ve vetted some of the best magnetic screen doors in the market to create this list of the Top 5 best Magnetic Screen Doors in the market.
Best Magnetic Screen Doors — Our Top Picks 2018
|Best Magnetic Screen Doors||Check Price|
|Flux Phenom magnetic screen door|
|FYLINA Magnetic Screen Door|
|iGotTech Magnetic Screen Door|
|White Magnetic Screen Door|
|Lux Screens magnetic screen door|
The Flux Phenom magnetic screen door is the ideal option for individuals with a door of up to 38’’ x 82’’ dimensions. Even if the door is lower than those dimensions, the magnetic screen can be adjusted to fit into it. One of the best aspects of this magnetic screen door is that it can be hooked on a range of different surfaces like doors, patio, garage, sliding doors, etc.
The product comes with a complete assembly kit which includes a series of metal black thumbtacks and weather-resistant hook and loop backing. The thumbtacks can be used to easily assemble or disengage the screen door.
The central seam of the screen door is perfectly lined with magnetic cubes. As such, you can simply walk through the door and they will perfectly line up and close behind you. The seams are lined with 26 magnets to enhance its ability to close. The magnetic screen door is extremely portable. You can simply detach it and roll it up for easy storage when you’re not using it.
The screen mesh used is premium quality and better than all of its competitors. It has a higher thread count and reinforced edges that can last for years without needing repairs.
In terms of utility, it has a number of functions. It can let small kids in and out easily, allow you to go through without using your hands, provides ventilation, and it prevents pests and bugs from getting in.
- Can be used in doors less than 38’’ x 82’’ in dimensions.
- Has 26 magnetic strips.
- The assembly kit comes with metal black thumbtacks and hook and loop backing strips.
- The screen has a high thread count.
The FYLINA Magnetic Screen Door is made of a heavy-duty mesh curtain framed in velcro so you can easily attach it to any doorway. It can be sealed from top to bottom so that no mosquitoes or other unwanted pests can get through.
It fits into doorways up to 34’’ x 82’’ in dimensions. As such, it doesn’t accommodate doors as wide as the Flux Phenom magnetic screen door, but it’s still pretty wide. You can even remove the screen and wash it repeatedly without worrying about it getting spoiled.
26 powerful magnetic strips are used in the middle of the screen so that they can immediately shut behind you as you walk through. The large number of magnets ensures that there are no gaps in the seams so that nothing gets through.
The velcro goes all around the frame of the screen, making it extremely easy to attach. In fact, in terms of installation and detachment, this is one of the most convenient. However, the Velcro can lose its properties after a while and you might have to get them replaced. In case you run into any issues, FYLINA provides users with 24 hours support in case they need some help.
- 26 magnets.
- Heavy-duty endurable screen.
- 34’’ x 82’’ dimensions.
- All-frame velcro.
The iGotTech Magnetic Screen Door can be used as a screen on doors of 34” x 82” dimensions. It’s made of an extremely tough and firm mesh fabric that can survive several rounds of washing.
A series of 26 magnetic strips are sewn onto the reinforced seams so that no part of the curtain allows bugs or insects to pass through. However, if you pass through it, you can rest assured that the high magnetic count will ensure that it closes perfectly behind you.
The frames of the curtains are lined with super-duty “hook and loop” seals. While these are slightly difficult to use, compared to Velcro strips, they’re also a lot more durable. Unlike velcro, they don’t become ineffective over time. As such, if you’re looking for a longterm magnetic screen door, this is a great option.
This magnetic screen door also comes with a very detailed installation video that guides you through the complete process. You need to ensure that there’s at least a 1-inch overlap on the door wherein you can attach the hook and loop seal.
- Uses 26 powerful magnets.
- Can be used for doors up to 34 inches wide and 82 inches high.
- Use of Hook and Loop seal for installation.
The White Magnetic Screen Door fits doors up to 34 inches wide and 82 inches high. This magnetic screen door is offered by Premium Choice Products and it’s quite popular amongst the users for its durability and the quality of the mesh fabric used.
It’s available in 2 colors — white and black. Neither of them is transparent. As such, it’s not the ideal choice for you if you want to be able to see the outdoors. However, if you want to enhance ventilation while maintaining your privacy, these are great.
This magnetic screen door features a series of magnetic strips on the inside of the seam that ensures that it can close perfectly well and prevent bugs from getting in. The mesh fabric is made of high-quality material that can be washed repeatedly without tearing.
The frame of the screen is lined with a velcro strip so it’s extremely easy to install. However, as we’ve mentioned earlier, velcro also loses its properties after a while. As such, this is a great affordable temporary option. However, it’s not the ideal permanent solution.
In addition to the Velcro, the installation kit also comes with metal pins that you can use to firmly attach it to the door. However, some users have also complained that the metal pins fall out over time.
- Fits on 34” x 82” doors.
- Available in White and Black.
- Made of high-quality mesh fabric.
- Velcro and black metal pins available for installation.
The Lux Screens magnetic screen door has been designed in such a manner so as to enhance the user’s convenience and ease of installation.
The Velcro strip used on this magnetic screen runs across the length of the whole frame. This ensures that there are no gaps in the frame from which bugs or pests can get through. The Velcro is made of premium quality and is double-stitched so that it will last a long time and not become ineffective too soon. However, despite the premium quality, all Velcro products eventually become ineffective so it’s still not a permanent solution.
The seams of the magnetic screen are lined with a wide range of 26 magnets in close quarters of each other. This ensures high retractability once you walk through the doors. It also minimizes the potential of insects getting in.
After you install the screen, you need to ensure that there’s 1 inch of overlap around the door so you can attach the velcro to it.
- Made of fiberglass mesh.
- 26 magnetic strips are used.
- Velcro lines the entire frame.
- Fits into doors up to 34 inches wide and 82 inches high.
Magnetic Screen Doors Buyer’s Guide
In this section of the article, I’ll give you an overview everything you need to know about magnetic screen doors before buying them. I’ll guide you through the installation process, give you an outline of the benefits and drawbacks, and provide you with a list of factors you need to consider when buying them.
How to Install Magnetic Screen Doors?
Magnetic screen doors always come with a clear set of instructions that you have to follow, and they’re pretty easy to install. The following are some basic tips you have to follow when installing magnetic screen doors.
- The first thing you need to consider is how your door closes. For doors that open inwards, the screen must be placed outside the door. And for doors that open outwards, the screen needs to be placed inside the door.
- The bottom of the mesh screen should be allowed to hang at least a centimeter above the ground so that it doesn’t get stuck to the door.
- Velcro-based magnetic screen doors require a use of strong adhesives to fix them on the frame. However, you may also use finishing nails or push pins to hold them in place.
- The magnets at the end of the screens need to link to each other. If they do, you’ve been successful. If not, you’ve done something wrong.
Benefits of Magnetic Screen Doors
The following are the prime benefits of owning a magnetic screen door:
- Ventilation: The screen mesh ensures that your home is always well ventilated as it lets fresh air in. If your house isn’t well ventilated, you start breathing in four recycled air which can cause a number of respiratory diseases. A magnetic screen door prevents that from happening while also maintaining your need for privacy.
- Keep Bugs Out: In lieu of a screen door, people often leave their windows and doors open to let fresh air in. However, that also leads to bugs and insects entering the house. These pests can carry germs and diseases, and they generally cause quite a bit of nuisance. However, installing a magnetic screen door will ensure that bugs can’t get through, proving to be an effective and cleaner alternative to bug sprays and pest control solutions.
- Easy Maintenance: Magnetic Screen Doors are extremely easy to clean and don’t require any effort to maintain. You can simply remove the screens — easily done, especially if you’re using velcro — and wash them like you would any other fabric. You don’t have to worry about the magnets losing their properties under water.
- Hands-Free: The best aspect of a magnetic screen door is that you don’t need to use your hands. You can simply walk through them and be assured that they’ll close behind you. If you own pets, they can also get through without having to rely on you.
- Cheap: Magnetic Screen Doors are extremely cost-efficient and you don’t need to worry about breaking the bank to install them.
Drawbacks of Magnetic Screen Doors
The following are some of the disadvantages of using magnetic screen doors:
- Velcro isn’t Reliable: Velcro is one of the easiest materials when it comes to installing magnetic screen doors. It’s easy to install and remove. However, Velcro has a short life-span and comes undone after repeated use. As such, eventually, it might develop gaps that allow bugs to get through or you might have to replace the Velcro strips once in a while.
- Cheaper Models can Tear Quickly: Magnetic Screen Doors are extremely affordable. However, even within that, some are cheaper than the others. If you go for the cheapest options, or if you buy magnetic screen doors from weaker brands, they might tear soon after use. You should get magnetic screen doors that can resist water, temperature change, UV rays, etc.
Factors to Consider when buying Magnetic Screen Doors
In this part of the article, we’ve given you a brief list of the features and factors you need to take into consideration when selecting the ideal magnetic screen door.
Different magnetic screen doors are made of different materials. Some are extremely powerful and some are weak. Some can offer UV protection, water resistance, etc, and some tear within a few months of use. You need to make sure that your magnetic screen door is made of a strong and durable product.
You need to consider where you’re going to install the magnetic screen door. Will you install it in your home, a tent, or elsewhere? Different properties will require different types of qualities. For example, if you’re installing it in a beach location, you’ll want a water-resistant screen door that’s transparent. However, if you’re using it in a campground, you might want a heat-resistant door that can also prevent light from getting through.
If you intend to use the magnetic screen door temporarily for certain events, you can get cheaper less-durable ones. However, if you want one longterm, you will have to go for the tougher quality models.
Some magnetic screen doors require a little human effort to open or close the flaps. And some don’t need any human intervention, you can simply walk through them. You need to figure out which one of these appeals to you.
You need to measure your doorframe to ensure that the magnetic screen fits within it. A magnetic screen door comes in various sizes. However, if you get one that’s shorter than your door frame, or larger, you won’t be able to make the magnet strips meet.
If you want the door to close automatically after you get through it, you need to ensure that the magnets are strong enough that they’re automatically attracted. A stronger magnetic force will also ensure that unwanted bugs and pests can’t get through.
Magnetic screen doors are available in a lot of different colors, patterns, etc. Some of them are transparent, some feature designs, and some are completely solid. You should get one that matches the aesthetic sensibilities of your house.
If you’re purchasing the magnetic screen door to attach to your kitchen, you should opt for a flame-resistant one so that it doesn’t catch fire accidentally.
You magnetic screen doors need to be easy to use and install. The easiest magnetic screen doors are ones feature velcro strips. However, if you’re going for a more powerful and permanent option, some come with push pins or nails. You should choose a magnetic screen door with an installation method that’s the right combination of convenience and durability.
I hope this article has given you a strong understanding of magnetic screen doors and which ones you should purchase. All of the products listed in this article have been personally vetted by our team of experts, as such, you can trust our recommendations.
In addition to giving you a review of the 5 best magnetic screen doors, we’ve also provided a detailed Buyer’s Guide that takes you through their advantages, features, and anything else you need to know.
If you have any other questions about magnetic screen doors, please feel free to mention them down in the comments section.